Friday, February 28, 2014

Tired of snow yet? No!

We had another blast of winter last night and it is supposed to continue through tomorrow.  We probably got 8-10 inches of new snow and some blowing and drifting.  That didn't stop Dad from taking his morning snowshoe walk out back.



There's a story behind the picture below.  This morning while Dad was gone, I started hearing a loud tap-tap-tap outside up by the dormers.  I went upstairs to investigate but couldn't see anything.  So I decided to go outside and check it out.  I had my exercise clothes on (shorts and tank top) but I just planned to just do a quick check.  I slipped on my walking boots and a coat and walked out onto the deck.  I couldn't see well enough so I climbed up on the bench.  Can you see the dent in the snow where I stood?  Well, as I was looking up, I lost my balance and...fell over into the snow.  Yes.  It's at least as deep as the bench.  I came up laughing though and hurried inside, no closer to figuring out the noise.  When Dad came home, he checked it out and declared it was a raven, probably seeking shelter from the snow.  He went out and scared it away.  Haven't heard it since!

1 comment:

  1. I love it Brother! I wish I were there with you to shuffle through the snow and shovel it off your deck. Maybe next year we can join you for snow much fun together!!

    ReplyDelete